corrie va a chile

here it is, my travels in south america, centered in chile. see accompanying photos at flickr.com/photos/corriegrrl

Monday, July 26, 2004

quicky

Hola Amigos,
I'm just writing from Cusco, Perú to say I´m alive and doing well (in spite of that nasty stomache problem travelers get...yuck!), and I have sooooo much to tell you about. Not much time at the internet café, but here are the highlights to be flushed out when I get back to Santiago (Thursday the 29th, then classes on Friday!):
-hiking up to and visiting Machu Picchu (not on the Inca Trail)
-seeing the Copa América semi-finals with Colombia and Uruguay (Uruguay won, and it was the time of my life)
-partying til 5 in the morning with a bunch of crazy internationals
-seeing Chinchuro ruins and setting up camp with rockin' Peruvian children (in the ruins!--which was cool with the local Quechuas)
-running out of money
Of course there's so much more, but you'll have to wait. This has been the most incredible adventure of my life, and I have to say that Perú is my new favorite country. We're not going to make it to Bolivia, and of course nothing has gone according to plan, but none of it matters...
By the way, if you're reading this, LET ME KNOW. It's like low-powered community radio--I want to make sure it's getting out there.

1 Comments:

At July 26, 2004 at 4:27 PM, Blogger Tom said...

I am watching this bLog a little too often. But what do you expect when my Corrie is off in some far away land traipsing around with international futebol fans while camping in ancient ruins.
what- Greenleaf ave isn't exciting enough for ya?? I won't even compare it to Oaktown.

XOXO
Tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home