corrie va a chile

here it is, my travels in south america, centered in chile. see accompanying photos at flickr.com/photos/corriegrrl

Monday, August 16, 2004

Martha Strikes Again

What can I say---the dinner party was a fabulous success. Here is what you missed, food-wise, that I prepared:

-Lemon teriyaki salmon
-Curried albacore
-Curried rice
-Tangy miso greens
-Mountain of salad
-Lemony winter stew I invented

My guests (of which there were about 25) also brought:

-Pisco
-Veggie torte
-Home-made empanadas (I guess you could compare them to calzones, but they’re deep-fried and more flavorful)
-Pisco
-Home-made Alfajores (South American cookies)
-Potato-garlic pizza
-Pisco
-Not enough wine

Yes, it was a feast producing multiple foodgasms.

After that, anything else after that, whether food or social, doesn’t really compare, so the rest of the weekend was a bit of a letdown. More parties, more food (good, but not as good…although I will say that I had some falafel and baba ganoush (sp?) ivaled that of Pita Inn), and not enough sleep.

I am getting used to my new home, especially the quiet. I’m noticing that I am far less jumpy than on Orange Street/the freeway on-ramp in front of my house). Just a lot of bells for the elementary schools in the neighborhood, and the occasional Codigas truck going by (sometimes it sounds more like Critical Mass than anything else), and, as I mentioned before, the sad cats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home