corrie va a chile

here it is, my travels in south america, centered in chile. see accompanying photos at flickr.com/photos/corriegrrl

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Perdida...y encontrada

Ay, dear readers, I have found myself a bit lost in Santiago these last few days, but I did not come all this way for drama, oh no.

So I finally bought a bike! It's decent, a steel frame built here but pretty mediocre parts (ugh, a plastic crank?!) ready to roll. sparton
(That's it at the store...stay tuned for more shots of it in action right under me! )

Tonight I will be on a train to Chillán, where I will hopefully be able to stay with the family of Rafael (my old roommate here) since I will get in late. From there, tomorrow, a bus to Valdivia, where I will hopefully stay with Polo's friends, and then ride the rest of the way to Puerto Montt and get to Chiloé Monday or Tuesday a good 50 to 100 miles, I don't remember, but I'll be ready

...Well, this has me getting there a week later than I would have liked but a week wiser for all the shit I did in the meantime...and still some time to enjoy the beautiful islands of Chiloé and my friend and her family there who anxiously await me. And as time runs out, I ponder why I had to come all this way to learn these lessons...again...and be taken away from my quirky self who loves these lands and whose men cause trouble for my heart?

Oh well, I'm ready ready ready for whatever happens next.

3 Comments:

At February 24, 2007 at 1:01 PM, Blogger misster-PISSTA aka eriK Zo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At February 24, 2007 at 1:06 PM, Blogger misster-PISSTA aka eriK Zo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At February 25, 2007 at 4:53 PM, Blogger cedp-oakland said...

I love you. I miss you!
That's not really a comment related to this particular blog, but I had to put it in here somewhere.
I love reading about your adventures.
Hugs from cloudy and rainy Oakland!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home